Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Spray Paint, Your Best DIY Friend

Spray paint has come a long way since the huffer's of 1980 gave it such a bad rap.  Spray paint is a thrifter's best friend! From lamps, to chairs, to picture frames and beyond, you can make the most hideous object beautiful! 

I LOVE spray paint. This particular lamp was given to me by my grandmother and holds sentimental value for me. Before I spray painted it, it was some lovely mixture of peach, lime green and blue flowers. Very 1970's earth mama. So, I did what I do best, opened a can of my favorite spray paint, taped off the metal petals parts and went to town.

The lamp shade leaves something to be desired, but that's another post!
  
 Here's a wooden sconce I found at Value Village (a local thrift store) and spray painted it, and it's matching friend, white.
 I found a similar ones with double candles and used some of that pretty green again.
 My mother found these beautiful pillars at a garage sale.  They were originally a forest green and gold and after a couple coats of my trusty green, I was in love.
Do NOT be afraid of spray paint. It's super easy to use. Just make sure that your project is clean and dry and be sure to tape off any parts that you don't fancy being painted. It can transform an old ugly lamp, some odd colored mirror, or even a picture frame and bring it to 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment